Saturday, August 25, 2007

Verse of the Day - Love the Law

Psalm 119:161-168

161 Princes persecute me without a cause,
         But my heart stands in awe of Your word.
162 I rejoice at Your word
         As one who finds great treasure.
163 I hate and abhor lying,
But I love Your law.
164 Seven times a day I praise You,
         Because of Your righteous judgments.
165 Great peace have those who love Your law,
         And nothing causes them to stumble.
166 LORD, I hope for Your salvation,
         And I do Your commandments.
167 My soul keeps Your testimonies,
         And I love them exceedingly.
168 I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies,
         For all my ways are before You.

This is another section of this acrostic poem...

The theme of this section is the law.

  • My heart stands in awe of Your word.
  • I rejoice at Your word
  • I love Your law.
  • I praise you because of Your righteous judgments.
  • Great peace have those who love Your law,
  • I do Your commandments.
  • I love them exceedingly.
  • I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies,

God's Word is very important!!!  We should love it, it brings us peace - it will keep us from stumbling.

How do you treat God's Word???  Do you read it daily???  Is it part of your every day life???

No comments: