Monday, August 20, 2007

Verse of the Day - IS God 1st Place???

Psalm 16

1 Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust.

7 I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel;
         My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
8 I have set the LORD always before me;
         Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
         My flesh also will rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
         Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
         In Your presence is fullness of joy;
         At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

I love the Psalms - they really speak of how God works!!!

This Psalm is a great one of God's protection.

In verse 8 (today's verse) - the Psalmist wrote:

8 I have set the LORD always before me;
         Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

Why did he say this???

  • He trusts God to preserve him (vs 1)
  • He has confidence that God will counsel him (vs 7)

What will he do with this information???

  • He will set God always before him....
  • This is an everyday choice - every moment....
  • God is 1st - look to HIM for your confidence!!!

What is the result???

  • I shall not be moved (vs 8) - confidence in the LORD
  • My heart is glad, glory rejoices (vs 9)
  • Rest in hope (vs 9)
  • Path of life (vs 10-11)
  • Fullness of joy (vs 11)
  • Pleasures forevermore (vs 11)

WOW!!!  What God gives us when we seek HIM 1st every day!!!  How can anyone NOT want these things???

No comments: