Monday, May 7, 2007

Personal Purity

Hebrews 4:1-8
1 Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God; 2 for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus. 3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification...
7 For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. 8 Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given[a] us His Holy Spirit.

This passage was used the last 2 weeks in our messages at church... God has really been using this Scripture passage to get me thinking even more about my life and how I please God or not....

So, I have been thinking of how I can please God even more in my life!!!

Recently, I have been struggling with my scrapbooking and designing. Just not really wanting to do much lately.... Well yesterday, during the message - it hit me that I should start doing scrapbook kits that reflect our Christian walk!!! This would be pleasing to God!!!

Living a life pleasing to God is very important!!! It should be our #1 goal in life. We should seek ways to please HIM everyday, by reading our Bible, praying, listening to music that Praises God. These are a few things that we can do this....

One of my favorite passages is in Deuteronomy 6...

4 “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one![b] 5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

This is an active Christian lifestyle!!!

I pray that you actively reflect Christ in your life!!!

1 comment:

Lori Imel - Living4Him2 said...

Hummie said...

Great post! Finding a way to make digital scrapbooking a ministry is always pleasing to God! I try to incorporate God in my life on my blog and pray that it reaches people's hearts. I did have one lady tell me already that she had fallen away, but my writings have helped her come back!

9:55 PM